CLAT 2020 Application Form:
CLAT 2020 Application Form has been released from 1st January 2020. The exam will be held on 10th May 2020. The common law admission test (CLAT 2020), is an all India common entrance examination. 19 national law universities (NLUs) of India conducts the exam on a rotation basis. It is organized to offer admission into UG and PG degree programs of law. Through this examination, appearing candidate can get admission in various universities in all over India. The Application Form is starting from 1st January 2020. Read this article, to get latest details about CLAT including, dates, application form, eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern etc.
Prepare for CLAT with The Prayas India,
CLAT 2020 Exam Dates
Check CLAT Exam Dates from the table given below:
|Start date of filling application form||1st January 2020|
|Last date of filling application form||31st March 2020|
|Last date of online fee payment||Last week of March 2020|
|Release of admit card||Third week of April 2020|
|CLAT 2020 exam date||10th May 2020|
|Answer key released date||11th May 2020|
|Objection window||12th – 15th May 2020|
|Final answer key release||18th May 2020|
|Declaration of result||24th May 2020|
|Start date of counselling process||First week of June 2020|
Check application details given below carefully and follow it to fill the online application form:
- The application form is available through online mode only.
- CLAT application form is available from 1st January 2020.
- Candidate needs to fill the valid details in the application form.
- Candidate will need their email id for the online registration.
- Once candidate will create the login id and password after that they have to upload the scanned copies of documents, signature and passport size photograph.
- Furthermore, the official authority will provide the correction after the completion of application form.
- Submit the application form and take the printout of it. Keep the printout till the admission procedure.
Application fee can be paid online (debit card/credit card) mode. The application fee is given below:
- Rs. 4000/- for General/ OBC/ PWD/ SAP
- Rs. 3500/- for SC/ ST
Information regarding the eligibility criteria, candidates can see the details mentioned below:
- Age Limit: However, here will be no upper age limit for UG program in CLAT 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: But, Candidate should qualify the class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board or university.
- Percentage: 45% marks in case of the candidates belonging to unreserved/ OBC/ specially abled person (SAP) and other categories. Whereas, 40% marks in case of the candidates belonging to SC or ST categories.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam in March/ April 2020 also eligible for the appearing in CLAT 2020 online examination. They have to give proof of their passing of their qualifying examination at the time of admission. Therefore, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- Age limit: No upper age limit prescribed for appearing CLAT 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination i.e. LL.B or any other equivalent exam.
- Minimum Marks: 55% marks in case of the candidate is belonging to unreserved categories/ OBC and other categories. 50% marks in case of candidate belonging to schedule cast/ schedule tribe.
- Appearing Candidates: The candidate must passed/ appeared in the final semester or final year of the qualifying examination on the date of his/ her admission.
CLAT 2020 Exam Pattern (Revised)
The exam pattern for CLAT 2020 is as follows:
- Exam Mode: As per the CLAT 2020 exam pattern, the test will be held in offline mode.
- Duration: Candidate will be given two hours to attempt the law examinations.
- Number & Type of Questions: There will be total 150 (for UG) & 150 (for PG) of multiple choice questions.
- Marking: Each correct answer will be awarded one mark each and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Language: The questions of CLAT 2020 will be in English language only.
|For UG courses (Integrated)||Quantitative Techniques|
|Current affairs including general knowledge|
|For PG Courses||Jurisprudence|
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc|
CLAT 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of CLAT 2020, candidates can see the details mentioned below:
English including comprehension
Specifically, in the comprehension section candidate will be assessed on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meaning of words used therein, etc. Additionally, the grammar section requires correction and in incorrect grammatical sentences. Also, filling of blanks with appropriate words and more.
General knowledge And Current Affairs
Obviously, the general knowledge will be evaluated on the general awareness including static general knowledge. To illustrate, question on current affairs will test the candidates on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
In this case, this section will test the candidate’s knowledge of elementary mathematics.
Furthermore, the section will test the candidate’s interest toward the study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Some preposition may not be “true” in the real sense, candidate will have to assume the “truth” of these prepositions and answer the question accordingly.
It may include the variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogism, logical sequences or analogies etc.
CLAT 2020 Admit Card
Firstly, Law aspirants of CLAT 2020 will access the admit card through online mode. However, it will be available from the on third week of April 2020. Secondly, Candidate will be required to login their registered account to download the admit card.
Candidates are also advised to check the details mentioned on CLAT admit card 2020. Also, it is advised to save a copy of CLAT admit card for future references.
CLAT 2020 Answer key
NLUO Cuttack will release the answer key of CLAT 2020 from 11th May 2020. Candidate will get access of the CLAT answer key 2020 through online mode likewise.
Candidates are advised to check the details mentioned on answer key and then download the same. Candidate can calculate marks by giving 1 mark for the correct answer and deduct 0.25 marks for an incorrect answer.
CLAT 2020 Result
The exam conducting authority will announce the result of CLAT 2020 on 24th May 2020. Candidate can access the result through online mode.
The result will be consisting of the roll number and name of the candidate. To qualify the entrance exam, candidate needs to obtain minimum qualifying marks.
CLAT 2020 Cut Off
Candidates for securing admission into the law universities must have the minimum CLAT 2020 cut off marks to be scored. But, Cut off will be based on rank scored be candidate in the entrance examination. And, It will be release after declaration of result.
Cut off will be based on multiple criteria that are difficulty level of exam and the total number of available seats. Hence, Only those candidates will be invited for the counselling who will score the cut off marks.