MBA CMAT- is a chief national level entrance test organized by National Testing Agency (NTA). This test is conducted with an aim to shortlist the graduate candidates for admissions to MBA/ PGDM courses in over a thousand business schools. To get assistance related to CMAT Examination visit www.theprayasindia.com
MBA CMAT 2020 will be held on January 24, 2020 in online mode. CMAT 2020 Registration will begin from November 1, 2019.
- NTA CMAT 2020 will be conducted through online mode in two shifts i.e morning and evening.
- The candidates with a graduation degree in any discipline or the candidates in the final year of their graduation are eligible to apply for CMAT 2020.
- The application fee for CMAT 2020 will be INR 1400/- (INR 700 for SC, ST, female and Pwd candidates.)
- CMAT Exam Pattern comprises 100 questions categorized in IV sections, to be solved in the duration of 3 hours.
- CMAT 2020 scores will be accepted by all the institutes and universities approved by AICTE.
MBA CMAT 2020 Highlights
|CMAT 2020 Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|CMAT Periodicity||Once in a year|
|CMAT Official Website||ntacmat.nic.in|
|CMAT Mode of Application||Online|
|CMAT Exam Mode||Online|
|CMAT Score Validity||1 year|
|CMAT Score Accepting Colleges||1000+ colleges|
|CMAT Helpdesk||7042399521/ 7042399525/ 7042399526|
MBA CMAT 2020 Exam Dates (Official)
NTA has released the complete exam schedule on its official website. Given below are CMAT Exam Dates for your reference:
|CMAT 2020 Events||Dates|
|CMAT 2020 Registration begins on||November 1, 2019|
|Last Day to Submit CMAT 2020 Application Form||November 30, 2019|
|CMAT 2020 Admit Card will be Issued on||December 24, 2019|
|CMAT 2020 Exam Date||January 24, 2020|
|Announcement of CMAT 2020 Result on||February 3, 2020|
MBA CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria for appearing in CMAT 2020 are given below:
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Graduates in any discipline can apply for CMAT exam.
- Final year students of graduate programs are also eligible to appear in the exam.
- There is no age limit to apply for the exam.
MBA CMAT 2020 Registration
CMAT 2020 Registration will begin from November 1, 2019 in online mode. More than 65,000 candidates are expected to apply this year. The steps to fill CMAT Application Form are given below:
- Visit the official website of CMAT.
- Create an account with a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational and work experience, the list of programs to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test center.
- Enter your name and date of birth exactly as indicated on the primary and secondary ID.
- The photograph must have a resemblance to the candidate and the photograph on the primary ID. This photograph will be attached on the admit card.
- Pay the registration fee via debit/credit card/ e-challan as given below:
|Category||Male (INR)||Female (INR)|
|General/ Non-creamy layer OBC||1400||700|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||700||700|
MBA CMAT 2020 Admit Card
- CMAT 2020 Admit Card will be issued from December 24, 2019.
- It is a mandatory document for appearing in the test.
- It contains details such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, exam center, photograph etc.
- Candidates can download CMAT Admit Card from ntacmat.nic.in using enrollment ID and password.
- The copy of the admit card will also be sent to the registered email ID.
- In case of any discrepancy in CMAT Admit Card, contact CMAT helpdesk (7042399521/ 7042399525/ 7042399526) immediately.
MBA CMAT 2020 Exam Centers
- CMAT 2020 will be conducted in 84 cities across India.
- Candidates have to choose 3 CMAT Exam Centers at the time of filling in the application form.
- The test cities will be allotted based on the availability of slots.
- It is to be noted that the exam conducting authority reserves the right to change or cancel the test time/date at their own discretion.
Given below are the exam cities for CMAT 2020:
CMAT Test Cities
|Ahmednagar||Chandigarh/ Mohali/ Panchkula||Guwahati||Kolhapur||Navi Mumbai||Trivandrum|
|Allahabad/ Prayagraj||Chennai||Gwalior||Kolkata||Greater Noida/ Noida||Udaipur|
|Bangalore||Delhi/ New Delhi||Jaipur||Mangalore||Rajkot||Guntur|
|Tirupati||Vijayawada||Bhilai/ Durg/ Bhilai Nagar||Anand||Gandhinagar||Kadi/ Mehsana|
MBA CMAT Exam Pattern 2020
- The exam will be conducted on a single day, in two shifts.
- The language of the exam is English only.
Comprehensive knowledge of the paper pattern is essential for the candidates to plan their preparation. Quick highlights of CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern are given below:
Highlights of CMAT Exam Pattern
|Mode of exam||Computer-Based (CBT)|
|Type of questions||Objective or MCQ|
|Number of sections||4 (Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English and General Awareness)|
|Duration of exam||180 minutes|
|Number of questions||100; each section will have 25 questions|
|Total marks||400 marks|
|CMAT marking scheme||+4 for each correct answer
-1 for each wrong answer
Note: Visually Impaired or Cerebral Palsy Candidates will be given a time extension of twenty minutes for every hour of the test, thus for 3-hour test you will get a total of ‘One Hour’ extra.
MBA CMAT Syllabus 2020
There is no official CMAT Syllabus. However, based on the previous year papers, the most important topics for each section (Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness) are given below:
|Language Skills||Language usage and their rules, Para jumble, Syntax and correct grammar, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Idioms, Reading comprehension, Anonyms, and Synonyms|
|Quantitative Skills||Data interpretation, problem-solving, data sufficiency, arithmetic, geometry, modern mathematics, algebra and number systems|
|Logical Reasoning||Family tree, arrangement, numeric grid, coding and series|
|General Awareness||Personalities, Books and authors, History, Politics, Economics, Business, Sports, Social Developments, Entertainment, Current Affairs of National and International Economy, Personalities in News|
MBA CMAT Sample Papers 2020
Other than the books, practicing sample papers will help the candidate to ace the exam. They serve as an excellent aid in understanding the paper pattern and most frequently occurring topics. Candidates can predict the expected questions as well.
Important Note: NTA has established Test Practice Centers (TPAs) all over the country for the candidates appearing in the exams from 2019 onwards. Students can train themselves before sitting in the CBT exam.
Candidates can download the section-wise CMAT Sample Papers from the link given below to measure their preparation level and carve out their strong and weak areas.
MBA CMAT 2020 Results
- NTA will release CMAT Results on February 3, 2020 at ntacmat.nic.in.
- The results will be available in the form of scores.
- Enter the issued Log-in ID and Password to access the same.
- CMAT scorecard contains information about the total and sectional scores of the candidate.
- Along with CMAT 2020 Result, the examination board also releases the CMAT 2020 Merit list which includes the All India Rank of the candidates and their scores.
- It contains names of the candidates shortlisted for further selection rounds.
- The CMAT 2020 Results will be announced in the form of percentile.
MBA CMAT 2020 Cutoff
CMAT 2020 Cutoff will be released course-wise and category-wise for each college. All CMAT Participating Colleges will be declaring their cutoff based on the merit list released by NTA. Candidates who will clear CMAT cut off and fulfill other eligibility criteria will be offered admissions in various management courses.
Once the candidates download their CMAT 2020 Scorecard and the merit list is published, they can start applying for admission to individual colleges and participate in the selection procedure of that particular institute. Candidates are eligible to attend the selection process only if their score is higher than the CMAT 2020 Cut off set by the institutes.
MBA CMAT 2020 Selection Process
CMAT Selection Process comprises Group discussion (GD) and then Personal Interview or Written Ability Test (WAT). Each college holds its selection rounds. The institutes declare the final list of selected candidates based on the scores in CMAT 2020, GD and Personal Interview or WAT. Brief about each round is given below:
- Group Discussion, the candidates are segregated into groups of 10 or so and they will be given an important topic to discuss for 5 to 10 minutes. There are various criteria based on which the candidates will receive points such as –
- Initiation Skill
- Negotiation Skills
- Managerial Skills
- Encouragement Skills
- Closure Skills
Topics can be diverse in nature and can be related to current affairs in the fields of politics, economics, sports and socially active issues.
- 2. Writing Ability Test: The selection process in some colleges also has a WAT or a Writing Ability Test where candidates are asked to write an essay on a given topic. This is done to analyze candidates communicating and analytical skills, vocabulary and grammar, awareness etc.
- 3.Personal Interview is usually the final round of selection. Candidates have to appear before a panel of experts/faculty members who try to assess the candidate based on their academic background and other details mentioned in their resume such as hobbies, interests, work experience, etc. The round is conducted to analyze candidate’s personality, attitude, his suitability to the institution etc.
MBA CMAT Counselling 2020
Candidates who are finally selected will proceed towards to CMAT Counselling process. Candidates have to register themselves on the official website to participate in the counselling process. After successful registration, they have to give their preference for college and course. Steps involved in CMAT Counselling are:
- Online registration
- Choice filling and locking
- Verification of documents
- Allocation of seats
- Reporting to college
To step forward for CMAT Examination contact www.theprayasindia.com