THE PRAYAS INDIA
RBI GRADE B 2019 NOTIFICATION
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Highlights
|Date of RBI Grade B Examination 2019||June 2019|
|Conducting Body||Reserve Bank of India Services Board|
|Mode of Exam||Combination of Online as well as Offline modes|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes for Prelims, 270 minutes for Mains|
|Eligibility (may vary for different exams)||Nationality, Age and Academic qualification; eligibility will vary for different category of posts.|
|Number of Posts||approximately 145|
RBI Grade B Examination Dates 2019
The official notification for RBI Grade B 2019 Examination is expected to release in the 1st week of May 2019. Meanwhile, candidates can have a look at the tentative schedule based on the dates from previous year exam schedule.
|Official Notification of RBI Grade B 2019||1st Week of May 2019|
|Start Date of Online Registration and payment of Application Fee||1st Week of May 2019|
|Last Date of Online Registration and submission of Online Fee||4th Week of May 2019|
|Issue Date of RBI Grade B Exam Phase-I Admit Card 2019||1st Week of June 2019|
|Examination Date for Phase-I Exam||2nd Week of June 2019|
|Result Date of Phase-I||3rd Week of June 2019|
|Issue Date of Admit Card for Phase-II Exam||4th Week of June 2019|
|Examination Date for Phase-II Exam||1st Week of July 2019|
|Exam Result of Phase-II||2nd Week of July 2019|
|RBI Grade B Interview Date||August – October 2019|
|Final Result Declaration||November – 2019|
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Eligibility
Candidates must meet the eligibility guidelines issued by RBI before applying online. The basic eligibility criteria pertaining to nationality, age limit and academic qualification of a candidate is discussed below:
I. Nationality: To appear for RBI Grade B Examination 2019, a candidate must be either: —
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from either Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of residing permanently in India.
Please note that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c), and (d) should possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
1. The minimum age limit for candidates to apply is 21 years while the upper age limit is 30 years as on May 1, 2019. For candidates with M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualifications, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
2. Candidates falling under reserved category are eligible for relaxation in upper age limit as per Government of India norms.
III. Educational Qualifications: The educational qualifications as prescribed by the Board for the RBI Grade B Examination 2019:
|Post||Minimum Educational Qualifications|
|1. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)||
At least 60% marks in aggregate for all semester/years (50% for SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations from recognized University and Boards respectively.
|2. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR||
A Master’s Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade. SC/ST/PWD candidates are allowed a relaxation of 5%
|3. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM||Essential: A Master’s Degree in Statistics/Mathematical Economics/ Mathematical Statistics/Statistics & Informatics/Econometrics from IIT-Kharagpur or Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester/years or an equivalent grade; OR
Note:For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum marks required in Master’s Degree as in items a, b, c and d above is 50% in aggregate of all semesters/years or an equivalent grade.
IV. Number of Attempts: If General Category candidates have already appeared 6-times for Phase-I Exam of this post in the past, then they would be considered ineligible to apply. However, there are no such restriction in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD if the posts are reserved for them
RBI Grade B Examination 2019 Application Form
RBI Grade B Examination 2019 can be fill through online mode only on the official website. Candidates willing to apply for posts in both Gr. B (DR)-General and Gr B (DR) DEPR / DSIM need to apply separately for each position along with requisite application fees
Steps involved in the online Application Process:
- Visit the official website www.rbi.org.in and click on the link “Recruitment for the post of Officers in Gr. B (DR) General/DEPR/DSIM”
- Separate links for Online applications for Gr B -(DR)-General and Online applications for DEPR/DSIM would be displayed.
- For fresh registration, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details, and Email-id.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system.
- An Email & SMS is sent to registered email ID and a Mobile number containing Registration number and Password.
- Fill the remaining details in the application form.
- Upload scanned images of candidates’ recent photograph and signature, left hand thumb impression and a hand written declaration with following specifications:
|Applicant’s recent, color, passport-size photograph with a light, preferably white background||
Image dimensions: 200X230 pixels
File Type: JPG or JPEG
File size: not more than 50KB
Applicant’s signature on a white paper with black ink, Left Hand Thumb Impression
and a Hand Written Declaration
Image dimensions: 140X60 pixels
File Type: JPG or JPEG
File size: not more than 50K
- Next, application fee has to be deposited using Debit/Credit Cards, Internet Banking, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
- Candidates must obtain and preserve the ‘e-receipt’ as proof of successful fee payment.
- Finally, choose “SAVE AND NEXT” and verify the details in the form before submission.
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Application Fee
Application Fee for RBI Grade B Examination 2019 has to be paid in online mode only. Fee payable for various categories is indicated in the table below:
|SC/ST/PWD||Intimation Charges only||Rs.100/-|
|GEN/OBC||Application fee including intimation charges||Rs.850/-|