SIDBI Officer Grade A – Eligibility Criteria
The SIDBI Grade A eligibility criteria are one of the important things to be known before applying for the exam. Before applying for the recruitment process it must fulfill all the norms of SIDBI eligibility criteria. The Eligibility Criteria define under three stages which are.
- Age Criteria
- Educational Qualification
- Candidate must be either
- A citizen of India
- A person subject to citizenship of Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibetan Refugee who permanently settled in India before 1st January 1962.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of
Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Minimum Age- 21 years
- Maximum Age- 28 years
A candidate who is applying for this post is born not earlier than 14-12-1994 and not later than 15-12-2001 is only eligible for this post.
|Sr. No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||PwBD (Unreserved/EWS) Persons With Benchmark Disability as defined under “The Rights of
Persons with Disabilities Act 2016”.
PwBD (OBC candidates) (cumulative with OBC relaxation).
PwBD (SC / ST candidates) (cumulative with SC/ST relaxation)
Ex-servicemen candidates (as per the provisions of Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Central Civil Services and Posts) Amendment Rules, 2012) Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officer including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way
|6||Persons affected by the 1984 riots.||5 years|
- The maximum age limit which is specified is applicable to General Category candidates
and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Category Candidates.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificates in original/ along with photocopies at the time of the Interview and at a subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by SIDBI.
- Caste / Category Certificate issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format as stipulated by the Government of India in case of SC / ST / OBC/ PWBD category
- In the case of candidates belonging to the OBC category, the certificate should specifically contain a clause that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer section excluded
from the benefits of reservation for Other Backward Classes in Civil posts & services under Government of India. Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming
under creamy layer are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as General in the online application form. The candidate should
possess a valid OBC certificate with a Non-creamy layer clause as per the Government of India guidelines, from time to time.
- If an ex-serviceman applies for various vacancies before joining any civil employment, he/she can avail of the benefit of reservation as an ex-serviceman for any subsequent employment. However, to avail of this benefit, an ex-serviceman as soon as he/she joins any civil employment should give a self-declaration/ undertaking to the concerned employer about date-wise details of application for various vacancies for which he/she had applied before joining the initial civil employment.
- Further, this benefit would be available only in respect of vacancies that are filled on direct recruitment and wherever reservation is applicable to the ex-serviceman.
There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in the Officers’ Cadre.
- As per Government guidelines, age relaxation will not be available on a cumulative basis save and except as given in the table above, and that for departmental / staff candidates by 5 years.
- Educational Qualification
|Name of the Post||Stream||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant manager Grade- A
|General||1. Post-Graduation Degree in any discipline (Preferably from Commerce / Economics /
Management subject) from an institute / University recognized by the University Grant
Commission (UGC) / Central Government.
2. Bachelors’ Degree in Law / Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering (Preferably Civil / Electrical / Mechanical).
3. CA / CS / CWA / CFA / CMA OR Ph.D. from Institutions recognized by GOI/UGC.Note: The Candidates appearing in the final year are also eligible to apply, provided they shall be required to submit the final marksheet and provisional / final degree certificate, in original at the time of interview.
- SIDBI has right to modify the minimum educational qualification and percentage of marks depending upon the response.
- The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a Graduate / Post-graduate, as applicable on the day he/she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online. Candidates whose results are awaited are not eligible to apply.
- Staff Candidates shall also be eligible to apply for the advertised post subject to their fulfilling the eligibility criteria, for which they may be given relaxation in age by 5 years and waiver from payment of application fee as applicable in General Recruitment. The age relaxation of 5 years shall be over and above the age relaxation already provided to their respective category i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PwBD.
- The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semesters /years by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honors / optional / additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honors marks only.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation/Post graduation, as the case may be, calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e.59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
- Some Universities / Institutes do not award Class or percentage of marks and allot Aggregate Grade Points [e.g. CGPA/OGPA/CPI etc.]. Where CGPA/OGPA/CPI is awarded, the same should be converted into percentages as indicated in the online application. In case University/Institute defines criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Points into Class and /or percentage of marks, the same will be accepted. However, where the University/Institute does not define criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Points into Class and /or percentage of marks, the undefined parameter would be worked out as under.
|Equivalent to CGPA/OGPA/CPI calculated on 10 point scale||Class/ Division||Aggregate Percentage (%) of marks|
- Aggregate Grade Points or percentage of marks awarded would mean aggregate over the entire duration of the course.
- Where the Aggregate Grade Point (CGPA/OGPA/CPI etc.) is awarded out of a number other than 10, it will be normalized out of 10 and computed as per the item above.
- All educational qualifications should have been obtained from Universities / Institutions recognized by UGC / GOI.
- Proper document from Board / University / Institution for having declared the result on or before January 03, 2023, has to be submitted at the time of the Interview. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by University/ Institution. In case, the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute and a web-based certificate is issued then the proper document/certificate is originally issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
- Please note that submission of the provisional/final certificate in original at the time of the Interview is mandatory and the candidature of applicants failing to do so shall be summarily rejected.