Top 3 CAT Coaching Institutes in Mumbai, IIM 2020-21
Don’t miss any notifications, Click Here
In this article you’ll get an overview about MBA (Master in Business Administration) and the Top 3 Common Admission Test (CAT) Coaching institutes for MBA, in Mumbai.
Do you know what is common between Rajesh Gopinathan (CEO of TCS), Raghuram Rajan (creator of Roadies), Harsha Bhogle (cricketer and commentator), Chetan Bhagat (author and columnist) and most of other successful personas?
It is IIM (Indian Institute of Management)
[Nation’s most esteemed institutes for management studies]
Everyone has to take different decisions in different phases of our life, some are trivial. Whereas some hold great significance in shaping our future. However, these evaluations are based on our short-term goals, educational goals and the ultimate goal.
Considering one opted for MBA, now let’s dig into the following questions.
- What is MBA?
- What it constitutes?
- What opportunities it unfolds?
- Why and Who should opt for MBA?
- What is the procedure to do MBA?
- What are the eligibility criteria?
- Which renowned Institutions are there for MBA across the globe?
- Which various entrance exams one has to consider to get into MBA?
- Which coaching classes one should opt, for preparing for the MBA entrance exams?
Throughout this blog we will answer all these questions to elucidate everything about MBA.
MBA (Master of Business Administration) is a post graduate program which provides theoretical and practical knowledge of business and/or investment management. It is an internationally recognized degree designed to develop the skills required for careers in business and management. Across the globe, one will have plethora of opportunities once they are an MBA.
It’s not only an opportunity to gain valuable business acumen, but also to expand your professional network and create new opportunities. Whether you’re looking to accelerate your career, transition to a new industry, or become an entrepreneur, an MBA can help you get there.
The different types of MBAs and alternatives to MBA:
- MBA, PGPM OR PGDM are all post graduate programs of 2 years. But some colleges might also have the same for 1 year. This is ideal for ones, if one cannot dedicate one’s complete 2 years for this course.
- On the other hand, if some aspirants are occupied and cannot invest their entire schedule, they can still do the same course either in the form of Online MBA, Distance MBA or Part time MBA.
- Executive MBA is also an option for professionals having 5 or more years of working experience.
Generic eligibility criteria for MBA degree:
- The candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- But if aspirants are still on the verge of completing their graduation then as well they can apply for the course. However, they have to submit their proof of graduation within the stipulated time given by the institute.
- The applicants should have minimum 50 per cent in aggregate in regular cases.
- MBA entrance exams such as CAT/CMAT/SNAP/GMAT/MAHCET.
- Group Discussions and Personal Interviews of the shortlisted candidates from the entrance examinations.
Specializations in MBA:
MBA offers diversity, anything that comes to our mind when we think of business. Hurray! We can do our MBA in that. However, the most known ones are MBA in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource (HR), Operations and International Business.
But, if we have a different liking or a different goal we can do MBA in same. For example, MBA in Advertising, Strategy, Leadership, Technology Management, Business Management, Accounting, Leadership and etc.
At last, we must select a field where our mind and heart can work in sync. Because we all would agree doing a job for mere sake is different. But, doing a work which we also like will not only make the output better but also ensure our own satisfaction. So that, we are not among them who would complain about work life balance or job satisfaction.
Now lets dig into these specializations,
1) Human Resources (HR):
The experiential aspects of MBA in human resources programs complement the academic component. Students often engage in internships that provide hands-on experience coveted by employers. They also receive tangible benefits from networking opportunities with leaders of business and industry that occur on campus or through local events. Some schools also offer job fairs to enable students to meet potential employers.
The Human Resource Department of a company takes care of hiring the suitable candidate, providing development and training, assessment of their performance and also keeps engaging and motivating the employees, to create a healthy working environment for them.
- Human Resources Manager
- Senior Human Resources Consultant
- Manager, HR Operations
- Vice President of Human Resources
- Director of Employee Experience & Communications
- Director of Global Engagement and Culture
- Employee Relations Manager
2) Marketing :
Whatever people buy and however they buy it, marketing professionals can help guide their choices. People in the marketing industry are passionate, outgoing, savvy, and strategic. They are able to use analytical thinking to get to the bottom of consumer behavior, and creative thinking to invent strategies that will guide that behavior. More than simply advertising, marketing is about discovering a company’s message and delivering it to a target audience in an engaging way. Marketing can also mean managing an individual’s public image or helping businesses connect effectively with other businesses.
The management positions will give you the privilege of overseeing sales and development from the beginning stages all the way to execution. The work is diversified in the field of marketing strategy, consulting, sales management, product and brand management, advertising, media, entrepreneurial management, line management, international marketing and marketing research
- Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Sales Manager
- Media Planner
- Creative Concept Designer
- Product Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Specialist
- Social Media Strategist
The MBA in finance program provides professionals in all areas of the finance sector with the tools they need to succeed in a constantly evolving, dynamic global finance landscape. Through an expertly designed curriculum, you’ll develop the analytical skills and financial intuition you need to anticipate and adapt to changes in the sector, becoming a valuable asset to your employers with a broad and sought-after skillset that prepares you to succeed in a wide variety of financial positions. It combines business administration and finance, prepares students for the job market. MBA in Finance programs typically provide foundation education in statistics, leadership, economics, strategy and marketing.
The financial management is concerned to the planning and controlling of the financial resources of an industry.
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Accounting Manager
- Corporate Controller
- Management Consultant
- Investment Banker
4) Operations & Supply Chain:
MBA in Operations management is about designing and implementing beneficial business practices, and the goal of this type of management is to maximize the efficiency and productivity of a company.
Operation Management segment of an organization not only deals with the management of processes and manufacturing systems but also deals with different aspects in which the company deals. The one who handles the operation department is responsible for ensuring the quality of the product as well as the quantity and quality manufactured in the manufacturing unit of the organization. The production must be manufactured and delivered in a cost-effective and efficient manner keeping in view the customer standards which should not be compromised at any cost. Since there are several fields that work in sync with the operation department, thus the candidate graduating with a specialization in operation management gets a chance to avail multiple options when it comes to the selection of a career in post graduation.
A typical functionality of an operations manager is to create business processes that are “well-aligned” with the business strategy of a particular company, and assist with the creation of high-quality and low-cost products or services. And also to ensure that a company is tailoring its products or services to meet the needs of its customers, and this type of manager may also strive to guarantee that whatever products or services a company delivers use cutting-edge technology.
- Operations Manager
- Plant Manager
- Process Managers
- Supply Chain Program Manager
- General Operations Manager
- Area Operations Manager
- Inventory Control Manager
- Technical Operations Manager
- Operations Management Engineer
5) Business Analytics (BA):
Business analytics (BA) is defined as an iterative process of methodical exploration of data from a business or other organization. But it’s one thing to gather raw data, and another thing to analyze it in order to generate actionable information. That’s where business analytics comes in. Business analytics requires technical skill, strategic thinking, and business acumen to turn data into insights and insights into business decisions. The practice relies heavily on statistical analysis, and is employed by organizations to drive informed decision-making. Business analytics helps companies get insights about their performance, which serves as a corporate asset, giving them a competitive edge. Business analytics also allows companies to optimize and even automate business processes.
The functionality of BA is widespread it answers to business questions, answers based on information instead of guesswork, it also provides insights into customer behavior, helps in discovering opportunities for cross-selling and up-selling and provides on-demand business metrics reports.
- Descriptive Analytics – provides insights gleaned from historical data using scorecards, reporting, clustering, etc. Descriptive Analytics tells businesses what is going on in their companies and allows them to visualize trends.
- Predictive Analytics – forms predictive models through machine learning and statistical techniques. Predictive analytics helps companies project how current trends are likely to play out over time.
- Perspective Analytics – recommends business decisions based on simulation, optimization, etc. Prescriptive analytics help companies make critical business plans based on potential scenarios modeled off of past and current information.
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Predictive Modeller
- Qualitative Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Technical Team Leader
- Data Analyst SAS Programmer
- Big Data Analyst
- Data Mining Expert
6) Family Business & Entrepreneurship:
MBA in Entrepreneurship delves into entrepreneurial strategies, management and leadership. It educates individuals to manage business enterprises, such as those who want to start their own businesses, as well as those who are involved in family businesses or have backgrounds in entrepreneurial endeavors.
The program teaches how to align vision and mission of the family business with the business processes and understand significance of succession planning for family owned business. An individual also learn to make optimum utilization of available resources, develop global orientation and make effective and efficient business decisions.
MBA in entrepreneurship is also able to,
- Foster creative environment
- Demonstrate abilities for risk taking and coping with ambiguity
- Evaluate different business issues using an integrated approach
- Use relevant conceptual frameworks and best practices
- Develop functional and business management skills
- Act as socially responsible businessperson
- Develop ethical thinking and actions
Concept of creation.
Entrepreneurs have always performed a vital function in economic development of a particular nation. Entrepreneurs are referred to as the human agents who are constantly engaged in mobilizing capital to exploit natural resources, to create new markets and to develop innovative products/services.
It follows a career path as,
7) International Business:
The International Business focuses on the understanding of the behavior and planning of international operations. MBA in International Business typically covers finance, marketing and human resource topics on an international level. Global companies developing businesses across countries have created a diverse and competitive workforce that can run businesses internationally. Most of the workforce, focused on taking businesses global requires the acumen to compete internationally. Companies that are aiming to expand and establish their business in a foreign country require candidates that are trained to deal with international scenarios and are also knowledgeable with the concepts and theories that can be helpful for business establishment.
MBA in International Business develops an advanced understanding of global business environments provides transferable skills applicable to a variety of careers, especially in marketing, management, banking, and finance.
- Risk Management Director
- Corporate Auditing Director
- Real Estate Development Manager
- Marketing and Sales Director
- Government Affairs Director
- Business Development Manager
- Business Analytics Manager
- Chief Executive Officer
8) Information Systems:
MBA in Information Systems (MIS) is an amalgamation of technology and management. The incorporation of technology in a company’s infrastructure and introduction of online services requires professionals who can handle the traffic and generate returns for the company on the investments made. This degree course builds skills in finance, marketing, network administration, hardware, and software. Students also strengthen leadership, financial, and human resources skills. It provides students with far more than advanced computer and business knowledge.
Management information systems build off of the backs of more technical disciplines to study ways in which information systems can be leveraged to accomplish organizational goals. Management of individuals and how information systems fit into human contexts like organizational goals are often central to MIS professional roles.
- Chief Technical Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Information Technology Director
- Computer and Information System Manager
- Computer Network Architecture
Popular colleges for MBA:
- It goes without saying that the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs), which are considered to be at the pinnacle for management studies
- Additionally the following institutes are also considered to be one of the top ranking ones,
- XLRI-Xavier School of Management in Jamshedpur
- Management Development Institute in Gurgaon
- Faculty of Management Studies
- University of Delhi
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development in Pune
- In Mumbai some of the top ranked institutes for management studies are,
- S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management studies and many more
Rankings of Institutes for Management Studies by Ministry of Human Resource Development:
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) is approved and released by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The first NIRF Ranking was released in 2016. Followed by NIRF 2017, NIRF 2018 and NIRF 2019 was released on April 8, 2019 by Hon’ble President of India Ram Nath Kovind. This in fact is the last year’s ranking, the next updated NIRF Ranking 2020 is expected in the month of April 2020.
The top 20 management Institutes in MHRD NIRF MBA Ranking 2019 are:
In Top 3 CAT Coaching Institutes, we have IIM (Bangalore), IIM (Ahmedabad) and IIM (Kolkata)
Popular MBA Entrance Exams:
Depending on respective institutes they accept scores of-
- CAT – Common Admission Test, to apply Click Here.
- XAT – Xaviers Admission Test,
- MAT – Management Aptitude Test,
- SNAP – Symbiosis National Aptitude Test,
- Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test (NMAT),
- CMAT – Common Management Admission Test,
- IIFT – MBA Entrance Test,
- MAHCET – Maharashtra Common Entrance Test and others.
Admission Procedure for MBA Degree Courses:
What The Prayas India offers and how it prepares the student for the exam:
- Here we will get the theoretical knowledge of the subjects which will prepare us for the respective entrance exams.
- We’ll have a road-map to follow to ensure that we complete and crack the competitive exams.
- Very versatile and corporate experienced professional would teach us.
- Live case studies would also be a part. As in some colleges under group discussion we have to discuss and put ideas on the given case.
- Interview preparation will also be done here. Because, not only cracking the exam is important but also clearing the interview is crucial.
- We can interact with the mentors anytime to get clarity on the subject or anything related to MBA.
- Mock tests will be uploaded and given from time to time
Our Top 3 CAT Coaching Institutes:
- Thane, The Prayas India
- Dadar, The Prayas India
- Borivali, The Prayas India
If we join any of these above mentioned Top 3 CAT Coaching Institutes, cracking CAT would be easier.