MH CET 2018
Get the details here !
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH-CET) is a computer-based management entrance test. Officially known as MAH-MBA/MMS-CET, the exam is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra, for admission to management courses such as MBA/MMS in various institutes in the state of Maharashtra.
The exam was conducted on March 10 & 11, 2018, and the result of the same has been declared on March 19, 2018.
The admission to the management courses such as MBA/MMS/PGDBM/PGDM is a centralised process and covered under Centralised Admission Process (CAP) carried out by the Competent Authority of the State of Maharashtra.
- Jan 2018
- Jan 22
MAH-CET 2018 Registrations Start
- Feb 2018
- Feb 14
MAH-CET 2018 Registrations End
- Feb 26
MAH-CET 2018 Admit card download starts
- Mar 2018
- Mar 10
MAH-CET 2018: Start Date
- Mar 11
MAH-CET 2018: End Date
- Mar 19
MAH-CET 2018 Result
MAH-CET paper pattern: The exam consists of multiple choice objective type questions.
Candidates appearing for the exam can expect multiple choice objective type questions. The total number of questions will be 200, and the duration of the exam will be 150 minutes. There is no negative marks for incorrect answers.
- Verbal ability and reading comprehension: This section of the exam paper determines the grasp a candidate has on English language. The question paper will comprise of passage, and questions based on the passage. Through this section, a candidate’s vocabulary, grammar, synonyms, antonyms, sentence completion, comprehension is tested. To answer the questions, the candidate must first understand the contents of the passage, and secondly, use correct phrases, words and expressions.
- Quantitative aptitude: This section of the paper assesses a candidate’s ability to solve numerical calculations with speed and accuracy. To excel in this section, the candidate must have a good understanding of ratio and proportion, percentage, interpretation of tables, charts and graphs.
- Logical / abstract reasoning: This section determines a candidate’s ability to think quickly and accurately. Candidates can expect questions on verbal reasoning or on diagrams and figures in this section.
MAH CET exam will consist of two sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Aptitude and Logical / Abstract Reasoning.
A total of 200 questions have to be attempted in 150 minutes. There’s no negative marks for incorrect answers.
Here’s a detailed look at the syllabus:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
Quantitative Aptitude and Logical / Abstract Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Clocks and Calenders
- Data Structures
- Direction Sense
- Geometry and its applications
- Numbers and its applications
- Percentages and its applications
- Ratio and Its applications
MAH-CET 2018 results : 19 Mar 2018
MAH CET 2018 was conducted on March 10 & 11, 2018, and the results of the same has been declared on March 19, 2018. Candidates can view the detailed MAH-CET 2018 result summary by clicking the link mentioned below:
Candidates who appear for the exam can download their scorecards from the official website. The same can be done after the merit list is released by the DTE authorities. The scorecard can be downloaded using the username and password provided to the candidate at the time of submitting the application form.
To download the scorecard, candidates need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the MBA/MMS-CET 2018 section
- Next, click on the MAH-CET 2018 result tab
- The result containing registration number, CET score and CET percentile will be displayed. The same can be downloaded and printed
Here’s a list of candidates who have secured the top 10 ranks in MAH-CET 2018:
Name of Candidate
Divya Govardhan Biyani
Vaishnavi Rupesh Chandarana
Deval Paresh Shah
Shaunak Shirish Satpute
Devesh Dashrath Gosavi
Vaibhav Dinesh Muley
Aniruddha Milind Masdekar
Shorlisted andidates need to apply to the state colleges of their choice through DTE. A merit list of selected candidates will be issued by every college following which the candidates can enroll themselves.
Candidates who clear MAH CET 2018 will not be required to pay any fees for registration for admission. However, candidates planning to secure a seat on the basis of the scores obtained in CAT/GMAT/CMAT/MAT/ XAT/ATMA need to pay the fee using Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
The process for downloading MAH CET 2018 admit cards is now over.
The admit card can be accessed by logging in to the DTE, Maharashtra website. The steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Visit the official DTE wbisite
- Click on the CET 2018 tab
- Select MAH-MBA/MMS
- Click on the tab for downloading the hall ticket
- Enter username and password
- The admit card will appear on the screen
- Take a printout of the same
Candidates must make sure that they carry their respective admit cards to the exam hall since it is a mandatory document. Any candidate found without the admit card will not be allowed to appeared for the exam. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the admit card and keep it safe until the admission process gets over.
Once the candidate takes a print out of the admit card, the following details should be checked:
- Name of the candidate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Exam date
- Exam name
- Exam venue
- Roll Number
- Candidate’s phone number and address
In case there is an error/ errors on the admit card, the same must be immediately reported to the exam coordinator.
Candidates are allowed to fill only one Application Form. Multiple applications will be rejected.
To apply online, candidates need to follow four steps:
Fill in the Registration Details, choose your Password and note down system generated Application ID here. Candidates have to choose a password and security question and enter his/her Answer. After successful submission of the data, the Application ID will be generated. This ID will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form such as uploading images of photo and signature, Edit dates, Payment and also required for all future correspondence.
Candidates have to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature in .jpg/.jpeg format only. Here are some points to remember:
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 10 kb & less than 100 kb
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 5 kb & less than 20 kb
- Dimension of photograph image should be 3.5 cm(width) x 4.5 cm(Height) only
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm(length) x 1.5 cm(Height) only
Candidates can edit their data, before final submission. Once saved, candidates cannot change the data.
Thereafter candidates need to pay the application fee via Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking or by e-Challan to be submitted at any Axis Bank Ltd in India.
Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
Mode of Payment
Candidates can opt to pay the application fee either by Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking or via e-Challan: to be submitted at any Axis Bank Ltd in India.
Candidate has to select Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the Application Form.
The candidate has to select e-challan option to deposit the application fee. One needs to take a printout of e-Challan and take it to the nearest branch of the Axis bank for making payment. After the confirmation of fee deposited from Bank/DTE, the candidate will be able to print the Application Form.
The Prayas ePathshala
Online Exam Preparation for UPSC MPSC Bank SSC MBA and LAW Entrance.