NRA CET BANK SSC RRB: ABOUT
In 2024, the NRA CET is set to replace preliminary tests for various government departments’ non-gazetted positions. The NRA CET, conducted by the National Recruitment Agency, will replace the Prelims/Tier 1 exams of SSC, RRB, and IBPS. It serves as a screening test for non-technical and non-gazetted Group B and C positions. The NRA CET 2024 notification is expected to be released in May-June next year, and the exam will be conducted online as a computer-based test (CBT).
The exam scores will be used to shortlist candidates for higher-level exams in different organizations and positions. These scores are valid for three years, and this exam will be held twice a year. This simplifies the process for government job seekers, as they only need to prepare for one exam instead of filling out multiple applications for different tests.
This article provides aspiring candidates with information about NRA CET, covering topics such as What is NRA CET for BANK SSC RRB exams, full form of NRA CET, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, and the Recruitment Process.
WHAT IS NRA CET?
NRA CET, which stands for National Recruitment Agency Common Eligibility Test, is an initiative established under the Societies Act as an independent, professional, and specialized organization. This concept was introduced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
It serves as a screening or preliminary examination, conducted by the newly established NRA, to shortlist candidates for a range of non-technical and non-gazetted Group-B and C positions. The significant change is that candidates will now only need to appear for a single entrance exam, CET, for various government examinations, including those conducted by the Bank, SSC, and Railways.
Here are the key highlights of the NRA CET Exam:
NRA CET SYLLABUS
The NRA CET syllabus aligns with the educational qualifications of the candidates, be it Class 10, 12, or Graduation level. The syllabus encompasses various topics, including Basic Aptitude, Test of Reasoning, Verbal Ability, General Science, & General Knowledge. Here are some of the key topics that candidates can expect in the exam:
General Intelligence & Reasoning: This section covers concepts like Analogies, Syllogism, Venn Diagrams, Input Output, Puzzles, Coding & Decoding, Seating Arrangement, and more.
Quantitative Aptitude: Topics include Number Systems, Percentages, Data Interpretation, Mensuration, Simple & Compound Interest, and related mathematical concepts.
English Language: This section assesses Vocabulary, Fill in the Blanks, Comprehension Passage, Para Jumbles, Cloze Test, and other aspects of English language proficiency.
General Awareness: Candidates can expect questions related to Current Affairs of National and International Importance, Games & Sports, Indian Economy, General Science & other relevant general knowledge topics.
In summary, the syllabus covers a broad range of subjects, tailored to the educational background of the candidates, to evaluate their aptitude and knowledge for various government positions.
- A penalty of 0.25 marks is incurred for each incorrect answer.
- The total number of questions in the exam amounts to 200.
- The allocated time for completing the exam is 2 hours.
- It is crucial for candidates to acquaint themselves with the exam pattern details to ensure that their preparation is on the right track.
- The NRA will commence the CET for three primary sectors:
- Staff Selection Commission
- Railway Recruitment Board
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
- The Exam will be conducted separately for three educational levels: graduate, 12th pass, and 10th pass, exclusively for non-technical positions within these three agencies.
- Furthermore, the NRA will administer a common preliminary exam encompassing all posts offered by IBPS, SSC, and RRB.
NRA CET EXAM PATTERN
The NRA CET exam pattern for 2024 will be divided into two parts, namely Part A and Part B.
Part A will encompass subjects such as Basic Aptitude, Test of Reasoning, Verbal Ability, General Science, and General Knowledge.
Part B will evaluate the candidate’s psychology and their responses to specific situations. It’s qualifying in nature but mandatory for final appointments.
Language and Question Format:
- Exam will be conducted in a total of 12 major Indian languages, which include English & Hindi.
- The question paper will consist solely of objective-type multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
Syllabus and Difficulty Level:
- The syllabus and the level of difficulty will be standardized and tailored to match the educational qualifications of the candidates, whether they hold Class 10, Class 12, or graduation degrees.
NRA CET ELIGIBILITY
|NRA CET is open to candidates with qualifications ranging from Class 10, Class 12, to Graduation.
The upper age limit varies by the specific post applied for.
Age limit relaxations apply to candidates from reserved categories like SC, ST, OBC, PwD, etc.
|Number of Attempts
|No restrictions on the number of attempts, subject to meeting the upper age limit criteria for the respective posts.
NRA CET RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
We’ve simplified the selection process with our user-friendly step-by-step guide:
- Application: Candidates need to complete the Application Form as per official announcements.
- Admit Card: Download the NRA CET Exam 2024 Admit Card a few days before the exam.
- Online Exam: Appear for the NRA CET Exam in 2024, conducted online with multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Result: Check the results as per the official announcement. Results will be in the form of a final merit list, determining eligibility for the next step.
- Next Tier: Selected candidates will proceed to the next tier of the selection process, administered by government agencies like SSC, RRB, and IBPS.
In conclusion, grasping the importance of NRA CET, including its eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and selection process, is crucial for aspiring government job seekers.
This exam represents a notable transformation in recruitment, streamlining applications and providing a level playing field for skill demonstration.