Embarking on your UPSC journey? Wondering how to read NCERT books effectively to ace the UPSC exam? You’ve come to the right place. If you are preparing for UPSC, MPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB, Law, or MBA exams, you can visit our website at THEPRAYASINDIA and reach out to us for free guidance and assistance. In this article, we’ll delve into the significance of NCERT books, provide invaluable tips for UPSC aspirants, and list the essential NCERT textbooks. Let’s dive in!
How to read NCERT for UPSC?
When it comes to reading, it’s not just about the content; it’s also about the method. For IAS aspirants, NCERT books are essential, and knowing how to read them efficiently is equally important. The UPSC NCERT Books provide a comprehensive understanding of both the Prelims and Mains syllabi. They are written in a straightforward and accessible style, aiding aspirants in grasping intricate concepts effortlessly. In the context of UPSC preparation, these NCERT Books lay the essential foundation.
- Subject Selection:
- Begin your UPSC preparation by selecting a subject.
- Start with Class 6 to 12 NCERT books for that particular subject.
- Recommended Starting Point:
- Indian Polity NCERT textbook are a great starting point due to their weightage and simplicity.
- In the first reading, focus on understanding basic concepts.
- During the second reading, create your own notes for reference.
- Note-Making Simplified:
- You can skip the note-making process by using CL-NCERT compilations as a supplement.
- These compilations provide succinct revision notes for multiple revisions.
- Flexible Book Choices:
- For history, old NCERT textbooks are generally recommended, while for geography, new ones are preferred.
- However, our NCERT compilations align with UPSC preparation needs, making them reliable alternatives if you can’t access the original NCERT books.
- Effective Time Management:
- Create a two/ three month schedule to complete your NCERT readings.
- Remember that NCERTs are foundational and must be read at least twice in this timeframe.
Remember, UPSC preparation is a gradual process, and mastering NCERT books for UPSC is a crucial foundation for success.
Why reading NCERT Books is important for UPSC Exam Success?
- Simplicity and Clarity:
- NCERT books use simplified language, facilitating better understanding of complex topics.
- They provide clear and concise explanations, helping aspirants establish a strong knowledge foundation.
- Rigorous Research and Scholarly Inputs:
- These books are meticulously researched and prepared by eminent scholars under government oversight.
- This meticulous research ensures the accuracy and reliability of the content.
- Authentic Source of Information:
- NCERT books are highly regarded as authentic sources, as the information they contain is provided by government agencies and institutions.
- Their authenticity is a key asset for UPSC aspirants seeking reliable knowledge.
- Widely Recognized Standard Books:
- NCERT books hold the status of standard reference materials for various competitive exams, including the UPSC exam.
- Their alignment with the syllabus makes them indispensable study resources, covering essential topics comprehensively.
- Accessibility and Availability:
- These books are readily accessible to all students and aspirants, promoting inclusivity.
- They are published in both English and Hindi, catering to a diverse range of learners, making them a primary source for comprehensive study material.
- Factual Accuracy and Reliability:
- Information within NCERT books undergoes rigorous scrutiny and verification processes before publication.
- This process guarantees correctness and reliability, ensuring that the content is factually accurate.
- Effective Conceptual Learning:
- NCERT books present topics in a well-structured manner, starting with fundamentals and progressing to advanced levels.
- This approach is ideal for enhancing conceptual clarity, a critical aspect of UPSC exam preparation.
In summary, choosing NCERT books for UPSC preparation offers numerous benefits, including simplicity, reliability, and a robust foundation in the subject matter. Now further we will discuss Tips to study NCERT textbook for UPSC.
Tips to study NCERT for UPSC
Here are the tips for reading NCERT textbooks for UPSC preparation:
1. Align with UPSC Syllabus: Keep the UPSC syllabus readily available while reading NCERT books.This aids in connecting the topics you are studying with the relevant sections of the syllabus.
2. Initial Reading for Overview: During the first reading, focus on obtaining a basic overview of the concepts. Don’t worry about mastering every detail; the goal is to familiarize yourself with the subject matter.
3. Progressive Understanding: Understand that NCERT may appear overwhelming initially. Subsequent readings reveal their depth and provide valuable insights into the topics.
4. Organized Study Timetable: Organize your study schedule by subject and sub-topic. A well-structured timetable ensures comprehensive coverage of the material.
5. Note-Taking with UPSC Focus: During your second reading, engage in note-taking with a focus on the UPSC syllabus. Highlight key points, definitions, and concepts that align with the exam requirements.
6. Utilize Previous Year Question Papers: Refer to UPSC Previous Year Question Papers while reading NCERT textbooks. Use these papers as a guide to identify and emphasize key points and relevant areas of study.
7. Efficient Reading for Familiar Topics: If you find certain topics familiar during subsequent readings, allocate less reading time to them. Focus your energy on areas that require deeper understanding and review.
8. Customized Note-Making Techniques: Tailor your note-making strategy to suit each subject. For example, use flowcharts for history to visualize timelines and events, and images for geography to remember important facts.
9. Link Topics to Current Affairs: Establish connections between the topics in NCERT books and current affairs. This approach enhances your understanding and provides context for the UPSC Mains Syllabus.
10. Prioritize Revision: Place a strong emphasis on revision throughout your preparation. Regular revision solidifies your understanding and improves retention.
By following these strategies, you can make your reading more effective and tailored to UPSC exam requirements.
In conclusion, NCERT textbook play a pivotal role in UPSC exam preparation. Their simplicity, extensive research, and alignment with the syllabus make them invaluable resources. By keeping the UPSC syllabus handy and adopting effective study techniques, aspirants can navigate these textbooks with confidence. They may initially seem overwhelming, but successive readings unveil their depth and insights. Furthermore, customizing note-making strategies for different subjects, linking topics to current affairs, and emphasizing revision solidify understanding. For easy access, NCERT textbooks for UPSC can be downloaded from the official website or an alternative source (ncertbooks.guru) providing a strong knowledge foundation essential for UPSC’s success.