Indian Economic Service Exam 2022: The UPSC IES ISS 2022 Exam will be held on June 24, 2022, by the Union Public Service Commission. The UPSC Indian Economic Service – Indian Statistical Service Examination 2022 will be held for eligible Indian applicants. 3 weeks prior to the planned exam day, the UPSC IES ISS 2022 Admit Card will be available for download. The Indian Economic Service has 24 vacancies, while the Indian Statistical Service has 29 vacancies, according to UPSC. This article has included the UPSC Indian Economic Service Exam- Exam Pattern, Vacancy, Salary, Posts, Eligibility Criteria, and other information.
WHAT IS THE INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE EXAM?
The Indian Economic Service, together with the Indian Statistical Service, is an administration inter-ministerial civil service of the executive arm of the Government of India that falls under Group A of the Central Civil Services. For the purpose of establishing and implementing economic policies and programs in India, the Indian Economic Service was established. However, with the start of the huge policy in 1991 and the expansion of the government’s regulatory role, the need for such research and recommendations inside the service has grown dramatically.
Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru established the Indian Economic Service (IES) to develop and implement the country’s economic policies and plans. Economic restoration and development were seen as a top priority and a challenge for national planners after independence.
The written exam will take place from June 24 to June 26, 2022. Let us now look at the exam pattern for the Indian Economic Service.
INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE: EXAM PATTERN
The examination will be conducted in two sections:
1: Written examination with a maximum of 1000 marks.
2: Viva-voce (Interview) of candidates summoned by the Commission, with a maximum of 200 points.
The following is the syllabus for the written exam for the Indian Economic Service:
|INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE EXAM PATTERN|
|General Economics — I||200|
|General Economics — II||200|
|General Economics — III||200|
- The Indian Economic Service’s papers will be of a subjective nature.
- Questions must be answered in English, and the questions themselves will be set in English.
- Those who pass the written exam will be invited to the Viva. The purpose of the interview is to determine his or her suitability for the position for which they applied.
- The interviewee is required to have a wide range of knowledge not only on the subjects of academic study but also about current events in the country and even abroad.
- Candidates who are selected for an interview must also pass a medical exam administered by the Central Standing Medical Board.
INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE: ELIGIBILITY
Indian Economic Service Eligibility: Candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for the position of Indian Economic Service 2022
One of the following qualities must be present in a potential candidate:
- An Indian citizen
- Nepalese subject
- Bhutanese subject
- A Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before January 1, 1962.
- An Indian national traveled to India permanently from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, or the East African countries of Zambia, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia, or Vietnam.
A postgraduate degree in economics, applied economics, business economics, or econometrics from a recognized university or a foreign university accredited by the Central Government of India from time to time is required.
A candidate must be at least 21 years old and not yet 30 years old on August 1, 2022, i.e., he or she must have been born between August 2, 1992, and August 1, 2001.
Upper Age Limit:
- SC or ST (Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe) – five years
- Three years for Other Backward Classes (OBC).
- Ex-servicemen, including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs, who have served for a minimum of five years in the military – five years
- Defense Services Personnel who were incapacitated in operations during hostilities in a disturbed area or with any foreign country, and thus discharged – three years
- If a candidate has lived in the state of Jammu Kashmir for at least five years (from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989), he or she is eligible.
- 10 years in the case of a disabled person.
INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE: SALARY
Indian Economic Service Salary: The following allowances are available to IES officers in addition to their regular salary:
- Allowance for transportation (TA)
- Allowance for House Rent (HRA)
- Allowance for Dearness (DA)
- Allowance for Conveyance
- Allowance for Maternity
An Indian Economic Service officer’s base pay scale goes from INR 15,600 to INR 39,100. With a grade pay of INR 5,400, the basic Indian economic salary comes to almost INR 21,000 per month.
The overall income, including the daily allowance of 125 percent of the basic wage, as well as the TA and HRA of 30 percent for metro cities, comes to roughly INR 59,750 each month.
The in-hand salary of the Indian Economic Service salary is around INR 56,000, after standard deductions from the gross wage (NPS of 10% + other deductions).
INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE: POSTS
Indian Economic Service Posts: The following table shows the authorized strength of various grades in the IES.
|I||INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE POSTS DUTY|
|Higher Administrative Grade + (HAG +)/ Principal Adviser (Apex)||5|
|Higher Administrative Grade (HAG)/ Senior Economic Adviser/ Senior Adviser||15|
|Senior Administrative Grade (SAG)/ Economic Adviser/ Adviser||89|
|Junior Administrative Grade (JAG)/ Joint Director/ Deputy Economic Adviser
(Including NSFG, Additional economic advisor, Director)
|Senior Time Scale (STS)/ Deputy Director/ Senior Research Officer/ Assistant Economic Adviser||114|
|(JTS) Junior Time Scale / Research Officer /Assistant Director||107|
|TOTAL DUTY POSTS||471|
IMPORTANT DATE FOR UPSC IES 2022:
- Exam dates are June 24-26, 2022.
- 3 days previous to the exam, the admit card will be released.
- The IES result for 2021 will be released in August 2022.
- Interview with IES in September 2022
- The final result of the IES will be announced in October 2022.
- On June 3, 2022, UPSC released the IES admit card 2022 on the UPSC website – upsc.gov.in. Click here to get your copy. Candidates must provide their Registration ID, Date of Birth (or Roll Number), and Password in order to download their admission card. Candidates must check the official website on a regular basis for any notifications.
- All candidates are recommended to be at the exam center at least 30 minutes prior to the reporting time.
- Each paper will last three hours, and applicants will not be allowed to leave the exam venue during that time.
- Candidates must not bring electronic objects or gadgets to the exam, if they are detected with these materials, they will be unable to take the exam.
- The greatest approach to keep up with current events is to read the newspaper every day and religiously. There are also numerous websites and blogs, as well as extensive coverage of current events.
- It will help if you create your study strategy and framework that is appropriate for your learning type.
CONCLUSION— INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE
Finally, we covered the Indian economic service exam in this article. We also went through Indian Economic Service Salary, Eligibility, and Posts, among other things. As UPSC applicants can see, the competition is fierce, and the syllabus is extensive, so candidates must prepare thoroughly in order to succeed in this opportunity. Therefore, every candidate must have a well-thought-out study strategy. Exam preparation, free counseling, free mock tests, and other services are available on our website. Click Here.
FAQs— INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE
What is the UPSC IES/ISS Salary in 2022?
The following are the UPSC IES/ISS Salary details: Pay scale for Indian Economic Service Officers ranges from Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,100. Pay Grade = 5,400 As a result, the basic income will be 15,600 + 5,400 = 21,000 dollars. Now that the Daily Allowance (DA) is 125 percent, DA = Rs.26,250. Now, the Travelling Allowance (TA) will be Rs.3000 + 3000 125 percent of the Daily Allowance (DA) rate = Rs.7,200. HRA will be 30% in metro cities, resulting in a total of 6,300. The total gross salary for the month will be 21,000 + 26,250 + 7,200 + 6,300 = Rs. 59,750.
In IES, how many attempts are there?
In IES, there is no restriction on the number of attempts. There is only an age restriction. For the General Category, you must be at least 21 years old and no more than 30 years old on January 1st of the exam year.
What is the UPSC Indian economic service exam pattern?
There are a total of six papers in this exam, each with a distinct weighting and duration. The written test will be worth 1000 points, while the viva-voce will be worth 200 points.
What is the job description for the Indian Economic Service?
The service’s role can be broadly classified as economic counselling, economic administration, development policy, and program implementation, as well as dealing with other issues such as economic reforms, regulation, price–fixing, and monitoring and evaluation.
EDITOR’S NOTE | INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE
In summary, this essay has explained the Indian Economic Service Exam. We also discussed Indian economic service eligibility, salary, vacancies, postings, and other vital information. Those who pass the written exam will be invited to a personal interview. After the exam, the IES results should be available on the official website within a month. So, don’t forget to check out the official website. We sincerely hope you found this post useful.
Initially, set little goals for yourself and attain them. This will increase your self–confidence. Don’t worry if you can’t study for a day or two. UPSC requires consistency. Restart the process. Just keep going. Don’t let the stress of the exam get the best of you. Eat healthily and get plenty of sleep. Finally, have faith in yourself and never give up. Best wishes!!