What is NIACL ?
NIACL stands for New India Assurance Company Limited. It is a leading public sector general insurance company in India. NIACL offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including motor insurance, health insurance, property insurance, and liability insurance, among others. The company was established in 1919 and is headquartered in Mumbai. NIACL operates across India and has a strong presence in both urban and rural areas. It is a subsidiary of the General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re). NIACL is known for its robust underwriting practices, excellent customer service, and extensive network of branches and intermediaries.
|Conducting Body||New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Conducted periodically as per the requirements|
|Exam Type||Competitive Exam|
|Post Offered||Administrative Officer (AO)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university, age limit, etc.|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, Interview|
|Exam Pattern||Preliminary Exam: Objective-type questions; Main Exam: Objective + Descriptive questions|
|Subjects Covered||English Language, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, etc.|
|Negative Marking||Applicable in objective-type sections|
- Minimum Age: The minimum age required to apply for the NIACL AO exam is usually 21 years.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit may vary depending on the category of the candidate. The upper age limit for general category candidates is typically around 30 years.
- However, age relaxations are provided for candidates belonging to reserved categories such as SC, ST, OBC, and PWD as per the government norms.
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.
Exam Paper Pattern
NIACL Exam consist of three stages:
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Exam
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
- The preliminary exam is conducted for screening purposes and is of qualifying nature.
- It generally consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- The sections included in the preliminary exam may vary but typically cover subjects like English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The duration of the preliminary exam is usually around 1 hour.
- Candidates must achieve the minimum qualifying marks in each section to be eligible for the main exam.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||50||120 mins|
- It consists of objective-type MCQs as well as descriptive questions.
- The objective-type questions cover subjects such as Reasoning Ability, English Language, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and Computer Knowledge.
- The descriptive section usually involves Essay Writing, Letter Writing, and/or Precis Writing.
- The duration of the main exam can vary but is typically around 2 hours.
- Candidates must qualify in each section and secure the minimum overall cutoff marks.
- Candidates who qualify in the main exam are shortlisted for the interview stage.
- The interview assesses the candidate’s communication skills, personality, knowledge, and suitability for the role of an Administrative Officer.
- The interview carries a specific weightage in the final selection process.
NIACL Exam Syllabus
Preliminary Exam Syllabus
|English Language||Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Fill in the Blanks, Para Jumbles, Vocabulary|
|Reasoning Ability||Syllogism, Alphanumeric Series, Coding-Decoding, Inequality, Blood Relations, Seating Arrangement, Puzzles|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Number Series, Data Interpretation, Quadratic Equations, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Profit and Loss, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion|
Main Exam Syllabus
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||Seating Arrangement, Puzzles, Blood Relations, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Input-Output, Verbal Reasoning, Computer Knowledge|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||Banking Awareness, Financial Awareness, Current Affairs, Static GK|
|English Language||Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Sentence Improvement, Vocabulary, Grammar|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Number Series, Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic Problems|
|Descriptive Test (Essay Writing, Letter Writing, etc.)||Essay Writing, Letter Writing, Precis Writing|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 32,795 – Rs. 62,315 (Varies by scale)|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||Based on the percentage of the basic pay|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||Varies based on the location of posting|
|City Compensatory Allowance (CCA)||Varies based on the location of posting|
|Special Allowance||7.75% of the basic pay|
|Other Allowances||Includes conveyance allowance, medical allowance, etc.|
|Gross Salary||Approximate range: Rs. 56,000 – Rs. 85,000|
|Pension, Gratuity, and other benefits||As per the rules and regulations of NIACL|
Frequently Asked Questions
NIACL AO stands for New India Assurance Company Limited Administrative Officer. It is a managerial role in the New India Assurance Company Limited, one of the largest insurance companies in India.
Candidates can apply for NIACL AO through the online application process on the official NIACL website. They need to fill out the application form, upload necessary documents, and pay the application fee as per the instructions provided.
The selection process for NIACL AO typically involves a preliminary exam, a main exam, and an interview. Candidates who qualify in each stage will be considered for final selection.
Yes, there is usually a provision for negative marking in NIACL AO exams. For each incorrect answer, a certain fraction of marks (e.g., 1/4th or 1/2nd) may be deducted as per the exam pattern.
As an NIACL AO, the job profile involves tasks such as underwriting insurance policies, handling claims, assessing risks, marketing and sales of insurance products, customer service, and administrative duties.
Typically, there are no specific work experience requirements for NIACL AO. Fresh graduates can apply for entry-level positions, and candidates with prior work experience in the insurance or related industries may also be eligible.